Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday MARK!!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

Today Mark turned 26! This morning was his turn to get up with Makayla, but I thought that I would let him sleep in. So after I fed Makayla, we went to the store and to a strawberry stand and bought some fresh strawberries. We came home and made him waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Then we lit a candle and took it to him in bed, all while singing Happy Birthday. It was so funny, because Makayla wanted a candle in her waffles too. She even wanted us to sing her happy birthday. All day long she was singing happy birthday.
It was kinda a low key day of relaxation, and Mark even got a nap too. We went birthday shopping yesterday for him and got him a few new things. Tonight I surprised him with a homemade snickers bar ice cream cake, which turned out to be really yummy.
Mark is such a good dad to Makayla. He plays so cute with her and she calls him her prince. She is absolutely in love with her daddy. I know that he is going to be just as cute with our next little princess too. I am so grateful for him, he is a good husband and my best friend. I am really lucky because of his job we are able to have him around a lot. I just want to let him know how much I love him and appreciate him and hope that he had a great birthday!

Tonight for dinner Mark wanted stir-fry, so I bought all fresh veggies and we made homemade stir-fry. It was really good. Anyways...Makayla got the rice all over her, and it stuck to her belly because we used sticky rice. Mark went upstairs to run some bath water and I picked her up and took her over to the sink. I started brushing all the rice off of her into the sink, instead of making a mess everywhere. She held onto me tight and said "I can't go in there." Then she looked at me very sternly and said "Mommy, don't put me in the dishwasher!" I was laughing so hard. I told her that I would never put her in the dishwasher. She is so hilarious, she makes us laugh with her cute and sassy little personality.


8 comments:

Breeann said...

Sounds like he had a pretty good birthday. The dishwasher thing is so funny! My child actually crawls in and I think she would love to bathe in there. I want your recipe for the cake - it sounds delicious. I am in such a recipe rut right now and would love to do an exchange, e-mail me if you are interested bdawe@marykay.com

Camille Kinghorn said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Man, your getting old! :) Hope you had a good day. I wish we could all hang out sometime!

Hillary said...

Makayla is so cute!! I can just see her walking around the house singing happy birthday all day! So glad you found me! Looks like things are going really well for you guys!

krista said...

Happy Birthday Mark!
Kids say the funniest things, don't they? They're pretty entertaining!

Kohnie said...

That is so funny she thought you were going to put her in the dishwasher. Gosh... that would be really tramatic! She is so sweet.

Jill Revell said...

Oh how adorable is your little girl! I love the dishwasher story!

Sara G said...

Happy B-day! I love all of those pretty bows...how are you feeling?

angela. said...

Bri
Why dont you visit me at my blog.... this is lala! it is www.lilbellitti.blogspot.com
love you and come to my blog!!!
Angela!!!