Thursday, October 9, 2008

Growing!

Sisterly Love! This picture just melts my heart! (Kids are definitely worth all the pain and uncomfortableness of pregnancy, labor, and delivery!)

Alexa had her 2 week dr. appointment last week. She is doing so well. She weighed 8 lbs 6.5 oz. and was 21 inches long. She was just below the 50th percentile for weight and was in the 75th percentile for height. I can't believe that she has grown so much! They are so tiny for only a short time. We absolutely adore her and are so grateful to have her in our family. Makayla has been so sweet to her little sister. Something funny...we keep mittens on Alexa's hands so that she doesn't scratch her little face all up. We were giving her a sponge bath and Makayla looked at her and said "She has hands!" It was so funny. She also sings her little songs all the time. We love our girls!
I wanted to say "Thank You" to both of our families.



I am so grateful that we live by family. I felt so comfortable knowing that Makayla was in good hands while we were at the hospital. Mark's parents watched her...mostly Mark's mom. She is such a cute grandma, and Makayla adores her. She also did a lot of our laundry for us and filled our fridge full of food. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa McClellan! (Also, thanks for picking up my mom and Angela at the airport for us!)


Soon after we got home, we were so lucky to have both my mom and sister come to stay with us and help out. They were here with us for a week, and it seemed to go by too fast. It was so great seeing them and they were so helpful to us. Angela was great playing with and entertaining Makayla. They sure had a lot of fun together. My mom made us home cooked meals like Chicken pot pie, lasagna, chinese, and philly cheese steaks. YUM YUM! She also cleaned for us too. She secretly found my cleaning list, and went to town. Mom, I am so grateful that you were able to come. We sure appreciate your help! You too La! Thanks for also taking Makayla to get her pictures taken! We miss you both already!!!

Thanks to both Grandma's for bringing home my favorite....White Lime!!!! We love you guys so much and are so thankful for such great grandparents to our kids. Being a parent makes you even more grateful for your own parents and all they sacrifice and do for you! Thanks again!


Jamie, Mark's little sister is going on a mission to Orsorno, Chile. She left last week to head to Utah and goes into the MTC on the 15th. We said our goodbyes to her, and will sure miss her! We are so proud of her decision to serve a mission and know that she will be an awesome missionary. The people of Orsorno, Chile are lucky to have her coming to teach them. We love you Jamie!!! You're the best!

9 comments:

mckenna said...

Those are some ADORABLE pictures!! You have two BEAUTIFUL girls on your hands there!! I see BOY TROUBLE in your future!! ;)

Unknown said...

Bri... oh my gosh.. what a cute picture!!! I just want to hold her, and it makes me sad that she looks so little... cause that means Linc is growing too fast! I Love your sweet fam!

Unknown said...

Hey... I want to take pictures of your little doll! She is just beautiful :)

Breeann said...

Darling pictures! Family is awesome, I am so glad your Mom got to spend some time with you guys.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Breeann congrats on the new addition! How fun for you. It is great that your mom was able to come and visit you. I would love to take some pictures for ya. Send me an email at kelli.west@gmail.com and let meknow when you will be up! Congrats again! How fun!!

krista said...

That first picture is just adorable, love it!

BCP said...

Mark,

I think that your dad needs to get the D90!!! I want to get it now.

By the way your baby seems to be doing well. Let us know if you want us to take Kayla or if we can help out.

Thanks,

B

Cabbage Soup Diet

Brandon and Natalie said...

Thank goodness for family! How wonderful to have so much help. I love the first picture of your girls. So sweet!

CHUNTZ said...

How cute! I cant believe how big your little sister is.