Yesterday we only went to part of church. We had to leave sacrament meeting a little early. Mark had taken Makayla out into the hall and was gone for a little while. When he brought her back in she had tears streaming down her cheeks and she was holding her arm, but she was not crying. He had been holding her hand and was about to walk back into sacrament meeting with her when she decided to become dead weight and when she did her body twisted and Mark heard a loud "pop". We wanted to make sure that she was okay. We offered her some fruit snacks (her favorite) and told her to hold the bag with her one hand (the supposed hurt arm) and when she took the bag her whole arm started to shake and she started to cry and said that she didn't want them anymore. We knew something was wrong then. If we even touched her arm or moved her body she would cry. We left and took her to an Urgent Care. The first 2 we tried to go to were already closed, but we found a 24 hour one. They quickly got us in and there were only 2 other families there. The guy was so nice and gentle with Makayla and she did great. He just moved her arm up, then down, then up again, and it was all better! She did sooooo good, and hardly cried at all. She got a sucker for being so good and even ate it with her previously dislocated arm.
It broke my heart that she was hurt and I just wanted to make it better and take away all the pain from her. In fact, she kept asking me for a band-aid to make it feel better. We sure love her so much and are so happy she is a part of our family. I am so glad that she is all better too!
5 years ago




7 comments:
Oh how sad. Your heart just aches when your baby doesn't feel well.
Wanna trade stories :) I would way rather have a dislocated arm than a broken one. I am sure you would too. I am sorry that happened. You just wanna feel the pain for them and not have them suffer. I am glad she is better though.
Omigosh your kids are so freakin cute. Were you at Ashley's reception? I was lookin for ya but I didn't see you. I left a little early tho. Anyway, you look so good and so happy. I can't believe you've been married four years! Crazy how time flies.
That is just awful! I am glad she is okay! How is the pregnancy going? It is fair week and it makes me remember Rascal Flatts! Good times! Love ya sista!
oh! what a trooper for being so tough. she really is a sweetheart. alyssa loves your blog she says "kayla?!" everytime.
Just wanted to tell you Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good day!
Happy Birthday!!!!! Ok I am going to feel like the biggest idiot if I am wrong but I am about 99% sure you birthday is today. Hope you have a great day. :)
Post a Comment