Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 4th Anniversary!




So yesterday was our 4 year anniversary. We are trying to save up for a house, so we decided to just do something simple and not to extravagant. Mark kept joking with me saying that he was going to take me to In-N-Out and we were going to share a 10x10 (meaning 10 hamburger patties high) and we would meet in the middle and kiss, like on Lady and the Tramp. He is so full of it!

We went looking at some new homes yesterday and around 2 he was kinda acting weird and saying that we really needed to hurry and get home. I was curious and asked why...he just said that Makayla really needed to go down for a nap (which she did). Once she was sleeping he told me that I only had about 45 minutes to get ready before we had to leave and that I needed to wear a skirt. Now I was really curious, but he would not tell me ANYTHING! So, I proceeded to get ready, constantly asking him questions that he would just brush off with simple answers like we were going to dinner early and he wanted us to dress up for it to be special. Frustrating, but so cute that he wanted to surprise me. He also told me not to get my hopes up because he had not planned anything special (RIGHT!).
While driving he took a freeway that would take us to L.A. and then I told him that I knew where we were going....to see WICKED! He told me that he didn't get tickets and that is not where we were going. So, I figured it must be a special restaurant that he wanted to take me to.

He gave me my choices of dinner places and I told him that it looked fun to go to the Farmers Market up there. We ate at a French Crepe place that was really good. Then, we drove and I just knew we were going to see Wicked, and he just kept denying it...until we pulled right in front of the theatre. I was so excited! I have been wanting to see it for soooo long. It was so great and we had the best time together! (I didn't even have to worry about Makayla because his mom was babysitting her...Thanks Grandma!)

Mark made me feel so special by surprising me and he was so cute about it. I just want to take a minute and tell him how much I love him. He is such a great husband and father. He is truly my best friend and my life wouldn't be the same without him. He tells me all the time that he wants me to feel like a princess, and he does make me feel like a princess! Happy Anniversary honey, I love you!!!! And, thanks for a great 4 years, and many more to come!

9 comments:

krista said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun for Mark to surprise you, I would LOVE to see Wicked. And how nice to have a grandma there to babysit, I'm kinda jealous of that!

Jason & Kelli West said...

Brianne what a GREAT surprise!! I love how he tried to surprise you! We women are just too smart for that! I'm glad you had a great time and Happy Anniversary! I hope I can go see wicked here in Utah becuase I have been dying to see it for a long time!

Breeann said...

I love surprises! Happy Anniversary, can you believe how fast it goes?! I am so glad you got yourself such a great man!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like the day was perfect. Thank goodness for grandmas who will baby sit.

jen said...

How awesome! I love Marks sense of humor with the burgers!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved Wicked! I am so glad you were able to see it! Mark is such a tease!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful that you were able to go see wicked! I love it :) I am glad you had a great anniversary.. props to mark on a good surprise !!

CHUNTZ said...

4 years, I cant believe it lady! Time flys, love you!

Kohnie said...

That is amazing that you have been married that long! Happy Anniversary!!