Monday, March 10, 2008

A mind of her own

Last night little Makayla was not feeling very good. She was very, very tired because she did not nap before our 1:00 church. Needless to say, she was ready for bed around 6 p.m. when usually she goes to bed at 8 p.m. She has also not been feeling good for the past couple of days. She is getting more teeth in and has ran a fever and been a little cranky. We did the whole bedtime routine and put her to bed. She stayed asleep for a little while and then woke up bawling. Both Mark and I went to check on her. We ended up giving her tylenol because she said her mouth hurt and we had already given her teething tablets (which I love, love, love!). She was hysterical, and there was no calming her down. She even made Mark and I leave the room. Finally, she fell back asleep. Mark went to check on her before we went to bed. He put a blanket on her and she woke up. She looked up at him...Mark thought she was going to say "Thank you daddy" or "I love you daddy." Instead, to his surprise and humor, she said very sternly "Get out" and laid back down. What can I say, our sweet little angel wasn't feeling well...or is this the beginning of the terrible twos???

*The picture is actually of Makayla when she was 8 months old, but I thought that it helped to illustrate the story :)

0 comments: