So, I got my surgery done and everything went well. I feel so good not having to worry about having another attack. I don't know if any of you have had a gallbladder attack or know someone who has...but it is horrible and just excruciating pain....much worse than giving birth. I did have my surgery scheduled for the 29th of January, but after an attack that lasted almost 12 hours, calling and pleading with the surgeon to take it out sooner, they fit me in on the 20th. Which I am so grateful for. I feel so blessed throughout this whole experience. I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for me. I received some amazing blessings from Mark and his dad too. I had never given Alexa the bottle before and because of the anesthesia I was going to have to pump for a couple feedings. Alexa did absolutely amazing and took the bottle great (even if it meant that she didn't down it, but she still ate). Everything went fine, and my recovery has been speedy. I can totally see the Lord's hand in this whole process. I felt of His love for me and my family during this time of trial for us (going through attacks and trying to find out what was wrong with me since October). It has made me very grateful for prayer, the Priesthood, eternal families, the scriptures, and the Atonement. All these things brought me peace and comfort during this hard time for me. I feel so blessed. Thank you for everyone who left a comment in regards to my well-being. I really appreciate it. Now, here are pics from when Matt came home and Christmas time. They are in a backward sort of order because of the way I uploaded them...so sorry. ENJOY!
Isn't she THE CUTEST??? Her new trick is to grab her toes and try to eat them! (This one was taken yesterday. My, my how they change so quickly.)
Twinner Jammies. Makayla sure loves her baby sister.
Daddy and Alexa getting a little reading time.
Grandma McClellan relaxing with Alexa.
Makayla enjoying her presents from Santa.
Alexa doesn't know whether to be afraid or not of her touch and feel book from Santa Claus.
Maybe she likes this present a little better?
Alexa wasn't sure what to think of Christmas morning.
Makayla all dressed up in her new princess dress-up and ready to put on her "makeup".
I don't think she was one bit excited about what Santa brought her...do you?
Patiently awaiting...."Can we go see our presents yet???"
A little Christmas Eve storytime.
Christmas Eve present from Grandma and Grandpa Bellitti.
The cousins together.
Makayla was the angel in the Nativity play this year on Christmas Eve...look at her making her wings.
Grandma getting snuggle time with Alexa.
The boys and Angela watching The Work and the Glory movies.
Grandma Bellitti reading to Makayla. She got a Teddy Ruxpin from them and let's just say she was a little afraid of it. Needless to say, Grandma took it back to Costco and got her a pretty princess storybook pillow instead.
Matt spending some time with Alexa.
Justin and Kristin (my darling cuz) having some fun and making us laugh late at night. Justin, I don't think they will let you keep that hairdo on the mission.
Who are these people???


She sure LOVED the snow!
The fam...upon reuniting...Alexa was sound asleep in the carseat, tucked away in the stroller. (Boy was it cold in Utah!)
Makayla still playing with Matt's missionary tag...2 years later!
Budgy (as Makayla calls him...a.k.a. Justin) and Jared tried to tell us that they weren't excited for Matt to come home....their faces in this pic when they first saw him tell us otherwise. They missed their big brother.
Makayla was soooooo excited to see him!
Some of the signs we made for Matt!
Waiting patiently for Matt to arrive. (We had to leave the house at 6 a.m. to get to the airport in time...yuck!)
2 years ago playing with Matt's Missionary tag in the MTC.
5 years ago




6 comments:
I'm glad everything went ok for you.
I love the picture of the girls in their jammies...they are both beautiful!
I'm glad everything went ok for you.
I love the picture of the girls in their jammies...they are both beautiful!
I'm so glad everything went well and your surgery and recovery are over!! Yay for you! Looks like you guys had some SUPER fun holidays!! Now that you're feeling so much better you won't have any excuses for slacking on the posts...right?! :)
Yea! -- you're back. So glad to hear things went well and it's over with. What cute pictures of Christmas. I love the princess outfit.
Ha ha ha ha ha!! Your "confession" cracked me up!! I'll do you one worse. When I was pregnant with Jack, one day (not in one sitting, but throughout the course of one day) I ate an entire cheesecake by myself! And not a little one. Gross!! I'll never do that again!! Ha ha ha ha!! :)
that was fun looking at all your pictures. looks like you have an awesome family! we're going to miss you guys! i'm so sad that we're leaving, but if i don't like it we're coming back. oh, and i'm so glad you're doing better, that must have been hard. but because you're faithful, you were blessed, good for you!
Post a Comment