Monday, January 28, 2008

A little behind!

I meant to blog sooner about Christmas at my house, but I did not. So I will write a little about it now. We had so much fun with my family. It was sooooo good to see them. Makayla loves all of them so much! She thinks that she is a celebrity up there because she is the center of attention for so many people. While we were up there Makayla loved seeing the snow (I already did blog about the snow :). We also were able to talk to Matt, which was so great. It didn't even feel like he was in Guam, but rather like he was at a friend’s house down the street. He is doing so well. Makayla would walk around my parent's house with the phone in her hand pretending to talk to Matt. She would say "Hi Matt, how you doing?" and "Matt, I'm talking to you!" One time my mom said "Just make sure she isn't calling China." That was all it took, Makayla started saying into the phone "Hi China" and "I'm calling China." She hears everything and repeats it too!

Something that we did before Christmas was go see Santa. Everyone except Justin and Jared came. Santa and Mrs. Claus were there and they passed out these cute little goodie bags. Makayla really enjoyed it. But, it gets better. Santa made everyone who went come sit on his lap including the boys, the big boys (Mark and Grandpa). It was so funny to see my dad sit on Santa's lap. He went up to him and said I'll shake your hand, but I'm not sitting on your lap. Then Santa worked his magic and somehow got my stubborn dad to sit on his lap. I definantely was taking pictures! Probably the funniest thing was right before my dad sat on his lap he told Santa "I could hurt you!" Poor Santa! Hehehe. These pictures are priceless!







For Christmas Eve Michael, Angela and Makayla all dressed up for acting out the nativity. Angela was Mary, Michael was Joseph and Makayla was a shepherd. She was the cutest little shepherd ever. She would call for Michael and say "Shepherd boy, Michael," it was so cute.







We also went to Temple Square. It was sooooo cold! We had a lot of fun seeing the lights. When it got too cold we went into the Visitor's Center and warmed up. We were able to see a new thing that they had there. It was neat. Makayla really loved the statue of Christ. I just love the Salt Lake Temple. It is so beautiful. I wish that we didn't live so far away from it!







We did so many fun things with my family while we were up there. Thanks so much for all the fun! Makayla has not stopped asking for all of you and asks to go to Grandma’s house all the time. You guys are the best!

0 comments: